It was raining the entire day today & it called for some comfort food….
I made this heart-warming & filling recipe for dinner. Here’s the monsoon chicken soup recipe which I’m sure you will all enjoy with your family.
- 1 small tender chicken breast ( boiled & shredded/diced)
- 1 small carrot ( washed, peeled & grated)
- ¼ cup shredded cabbage
- 4 fresh mushrooms (washed & sliced)
- ¼ cup fresh corn nibs
- ½ tin cream of corn
- 4 cups fresh chicken stock
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 4 cups water
- 4 tbsps corn flour (liquidize it with 1/3 cup water)
- 1 egg white (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sugar to taste (optional)
In a large saucepan, pour chicken stock & water.
To this add chicken stock cubes, corn nibs, cream of corn & vegetables.
Place the pan on high heat & stir till the cubes dissolve.
When it comes to a boil reduce heat to medium let it cook till the vegetables are tender
but not soft.
Add the shredded/diced chicken.
Pour liquid corn flour & mix gently till the soup thickens.
Pour egg white in a thin stream into the hot soup & keep stirring at the same time.
Add salt, pepper & sugar to taste.
Serve steaming hot with soya sauce, chilli vinegar or seafood sauce.