Are you looking out for a refreshing change from your regular breakfast options? Here is a great recipe…fresh & warm… Spicy Herby & Cheesy Muffins!!
These lovely savory muffins are filled with wonderful herbs, spice & above all oozing with cheese!! They are easy & quick to bake. These are great to serve at brunches or parties too. My family loves them so I bake these sometimes. These muffins are ideal for breakfast as they are quite filling & a beautiful way to start your day. So, wake up to a warm & delectable aroma of freshly baked goodness of muffins. Enjoy! 😀
- 120 gms. Refined Flour (Maida)
- 4 cloves fresh Garlic (finely minced)or Garlic Flakes
- 2 tbsps. Parsley or fresh Coriander (chopped) or Mixed Italian Herbs
- 2 fresh Green Chillies or fresh Red Chillies (finely minced)
- ¼ tsp. Red Chilli Flakes (optional)
- 2 tbsps. Butter (melted)
- ½ tbsp. Baking Pwd.
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ cup Milk (@ room temp.)
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup Processed Amul Cheese (shredded)
- ¼ cup Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
In a sufficiently large bowl, mix lightly flour, baking pwd., salt, chillies, garlic, herbs & both the cheese together.
In another small bowl, combine lightly beaten egg with melted butter & milk.
Stir well & add it to the flour mixture.
Mix lightly with a fork until all the ingredients are combined.
The mixture should be coarse & lumpy. Do not over mix the muffin mixture or it will become tough & dry.
Drop heaped ice-cream scoops or spoonfuls in well lined & greased muffin cups/trays or in individual paper ice-cream cups.
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200C for 20 mins. or until the tops turn to a nice light golden brown.
You may do the tooth pick test to check if done.
Turn on to a wire rack to cool slightly.
Serve warm with a dollop of butter.