This Bow tie tuna salad is a very tasty addition to your sumptuous lunch or dinner. It can be enjoyed as a meal in a tiffin box too. It is a wonderful light meal & a refreshing chilled salad on a hot summer day.
The bow tie shape is also very attractive to children & is great to serve at a child’s party. You may even serve it in canapés.
Do try out this delicious pasta salad & I’m sure you will be wanting more… 😀
- 3 cups Farfalle (Bow Tie) Pasta (cooked as per directions)
- 1 can flaked Tuna with oil
- 1 small (diced) Yellow Bell Pepper (discard the pith & seeds)
- 1 small (diced) Red Bell Pepper (discard the pith & seeds)
- 1 Celery Stalk (minced)
- 1 tsp. Lime Juice
- ¼ tsp. Black Pepper pwd. or freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp. mixed dry Italian Herbs
- Olive Oil for drizzling as desired
- Few tbsps. freshly chopped Coriander
- Salt to taste
In a sufficiently large bowl, combine cooked & cooled pasta, tuna flakes with oil, diced bell peppers, celery, lime juice, mixed dry herbs, salt & pepper. Give it a good stir.
Chill for at least an hour to allow flavors to blend.
Just before serving toss well.
Serve drizzled with olive oil, sprinkled with dry herbs & some freshly chopped coriander.