Sweet Corn Vegetable Soup is deliciously thick and creamy with a healthy dose of nutritious vegetables. This soup is equally enjoyed by children and adults. This soup can be easily prepared with either canned or fresh corn and vegetables which are always available.
Canned cream style corn helps to achieve the right consistency and flavor in the soup. It is good for children and invalids as you can refrain from adding spicy sauces and just relish the natural freshness of vegetables; especially the sweetness of the corn.
Do try this Indo Chinese soup which is comforting and soothing in the rainy season and during the cold winter months. The monsoons are on in this part of the world so keep warm with this simple, quick and easy bowl of soup.
- 1 tin Cream Style Sweet Corn
- ½ cup boiled sweet corn kernels or tinned corn niblets
- 1 litre Vegetable Stock or 2 Veg. Soup Cubes with 1 litre Water
- 1 cup finely chopped mixed Vegetables (French beans, cabbage, carrot)
- 2 ½ tbsps. Corn Flour (diluted with some water)
- 1 tbsp. Sugar or to taste
- A sprinkling of Black or White Pepper
- 3 sprigs Spring Onion Greens (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- A dash of Vinegar (optional)
- A dash of Soya Sauce (optional)
- A dash of Chilli Sauce (optional)
In a heavy bottomed vessel/wok, mix well to combine cream style sweet corn, vegetable stock or crushed soup cubes in water.
Add in the chopped vegetables & boiled corn kernels or canned corn niblets. Stir to mix well.
Cook on medium flame till the vegetables are just tender (not overcooked).
Add in the diluted corn flour & continue to stir till the soup thickens.
The soup should be smooth & thick… not lumpy.
Reduce heat; add sugar , pepper & salt to taste.
Give it a good stir & let it cook for another 2-3 mins.
Serve hot in soup bowls garnished with spring onion greens.
Stir in a dash of vinegar, soya sauce, chilli sauce as per preference.