This chicken pate is very simple & quick to prepare. It is so very delicious & is an excellent spread on any crackers especially cream crackers. You can even enjoy this wonderful pate spread on crisp bread toasts or with crudités. It is a good anytime snack. This pate can be made up to 3 days in advance, if covered & chilled well. It is lovely to serve at parties especially at kids’ parties. Do try this recipe… you might just like it! 😀
- 1 tender Chicken Breast (boneless & without skin)
- Juice of one Lime or as per taste
- 150 gms. Sour Cream (optional) or regular Dairy Cream
- 4 tbsps. Mayonnaise
- 1 cube processed Amul Cheese or to taste (grated)
- 2 tbsps. fresh Spring Onion Greens (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsps. fresh Green Capsicum (finely diced)
- A pinch of Sugar (optional)
- Black or White Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
Wash & boil the chicken breasts.
Reserve stock if any for soups or for any other purpose.
Cool the chicken, chop roughly & then pulse in a blender or food processor till it turns fine like bread crumbs.
Place the chicken crumbs, sour cream or dairy cream, mayonnaise & cheese in a sufficiently large bowl.
Mix well till smooth & creamy.
Add diced capsicum & finely chopped spring onion greens, a pinch of sugar, a sprinkling of pepper & salt to taste.
Give it a good stir & then cover with a cling film & chill till flavors meld.
Serve with your favorite crackers.