This version of Chicken Chilli is an easy to cook one. We all love Chinese cuisine so I thought I’d share this recipe with you. My boys can finish a bowl full of this Chicken Chilli in minutes. J So here’s one from my Chinese Kitchen. Happy Cooking!! J
· 2 Chicken Breasts (boneless)
· 1 tsp. fresh Ginger paste
· 1 tsp. fresh Garlic paste
· 3 fresh Green Chillies (chopped finely)
· 10 flakes of garlic (chopped finely)
· 1 tsp. light Soya Sauce
· 1 tbsp. dark Soya Sauce
· 1 tsp. Rice Vinegar
· 2 tbsps. Corn flour
· 1 tsp. plain flour (Maida)
· ¼ tsp. Sugar
· ½ Egg white (beaten lightly)
· 3 stalks Spring Onions (only green; chopped into ½ inch pieces)
· 2 med. Capicum (diced or cut into thick strips)
· 3 tbsps. Vegetable oil
· Few sprigs of fresh Coriander (chopped)
· Salt & pepper to taste
Wash the chicken breasts & cut them into strips or dice them.
Put ginger- garlic pastes, light soya sauce, egg white, cornflour, maida, sugar in a bowl & mix well.
Add boneless chicken pieces; mix well again & let it marinate for about ½ an hour.
In a large wok, heat the oil till hot.
Reduce heat to med., add the chopped garlic, green chillies; sauté for a few seconds & push it to the side of the wok.
Then add chicken pieces in the centre of the wok & saute continuously till the chicken cooks evenly.
Now add diced capsicum, dark soya sauce, rice vinegar & stir fry.
Finally add chopped spring onion greens & coriander & toss.
Adjust salt & pepper to taste.
Serve hot as a starter.
· It is important to use a non – stick wok if stir frying.
· If you wish, you can deep fry the marinated chicken pieces before stir frying with rest of the ingredients.
· In case the chicken starts sticking to the wok you can sprinkle a little water or use fresh chicken stock if it is handy.