This shell pasta in mushroom sauce is so creamy, smooth & loaded with cheese. The fresh herbs & olives make it tasty & flavorful. If you like one pot meals then this satisfying one bowl wonder would surely make you relax & enjoy the goodness of Italian pasta in a very short time. So here is the recipe to be enjoyed maybe with some fresh garlic bread or bread rolls… 😀
- ½ packet Shell Pasta (boiled)
- 10 Button Mushrooms (washed drained & chopped or sliced)
- 1 med. Onion (peeled & chopped)
- 1 cup thin White Sauce
- ½ tsp. Oregano
- 2tbsps. grated Processed Cheese (I used Amul)
- 2 tbsps. grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- 1 tbsp. Butter (Amul)
- ¼ cup water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
For the Garnishing :
- 2 tbsps. grated Processed Cheese
- 2 tbsps. grated Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Basil Leaves (roughly torn)
- Fresh Rosemary (optional)
- Stuffed or Plain Olives
In a sufficiently large wok/skillet, heat butter on a low flame & sauté chopped onions till soft & translucent.
Add the chopped/sliced mushrooms & fry for about 4 mins.
Add water & cook for about 2-3 mins.
Stir in the thin white sauce, oregano, processed cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper to taste.
Cook for about 2- mins. Your pasta sauce is ready.
To serve, you may either add the pasta to the mushroom sauce; cook for a few mins. & serve with the garnishing.
To assemble on individual plates, first pour enough mushroom sauce on a plate, top with pasta & some more sauce.
Garnish with grated processed & Parmesan Cheese, a few stuffed or plain olives, some freshly torn basil leaves & fresh rosemary.